2.27.2007

Thesis progress



Here's an updated model from my thesis. For all those wondering what exactly it is, I'm designing a new live-work model I'm calling: "live-with: a new typology in co-op live-work, intergration through overlap of work and residential." Or something like that. Basically it is looking at new work environment trends (such as the Google headquarters, and IDEO) that provide home-like amenities and small city/neighborhoods type feeling within the workplace. These work models don't have residential componets however. Most live-work developments are for single, individualistic businesses and don't provide for social interaction between residents. My project is looking at how work space and live space can come together in a single company (an industrial design company more specifically.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you explained it, that makes a lot more sense now. Very interesting. How do they grade you on something like this?

    ReplyDelete