8.18.2007

I hurt


After the sprinkler system install.

After the tiller went to town on the dead grass.
The crap load of top soil and sod.

After I got all Zen on the top soil and then walked and wheelbarrowed on it.

The almost complete finished project (version 2)

It's been a rough two days. Our sod from Biograss that we installed last year that was supposed to be all drought tollerant and low water turned out to be not so much. Don't really know what caused it to die, but we were having to water pretty much every hot day or it would start to fade. So, we let it die and the dudes at Biograss replaced it for us, but this time with another type. It looks better already compared to when we laid the sod down the first time. This time we decided to try putting down new top soil. If it weren't for my incredible friends, CB and Josh, I would be passed out on a dirt pile with heat stroke. I am in their debt.

3 comments:

  1. All that incredibly hard work was going on over there and we didn't even know it? It looks great though, did Terri get to be out of town for it or is she home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I hope it turns out well this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad you waited until I was gone! I know just how much work that really is. Until you do it, you have no appreciation of the effort and time it takes!
    Well Done-

    ReplyDelete