8.07.2006


Here's Terri (with Jeffery) and me (with Champ) on our horseback ride around Grand Targhee. Those are the majestic Tetons in the background. Not a bad place to spend part of our first anniversary vacation. Terri did very well for her first time on a horse that wasn't a pony at the circus. The only problem was that her horse was one hungry beast. And being the softy that she is, Jeff took advantage of Terri's kindness to grab a bite to eat whenever he felt like it, refusing to giddy-up-and-go when Terri wanted him to. My stallion, on the other hand, totally lived up to his name and would giddy-up-and-go with the slightest tap of my spurs (a.k.a trail shoes.) I only got to use this unique feature of my horse a few times. We were supposed to stay in line and not pass, so I didn't want to go racing past our guide. That'd be bad horse etiquete.The only thing I couldn't really get Champ to do was stop. It's not easy taking pictures on a moving horse and anytime I tried to stop he would wait about 5 seconds and then get antsy and want to catch up. I have to say that this horse ride was way better than my only other horse riding experience at the Diamond T ranch in Eagan.
Tristan (T1T2)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been horse riding in such a long time. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you had a great T-time on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Happy Aniversay and Birthday and etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversay and Birthdays and Everything else that falls in this month!

    Papa

    ReplyDelete